The main drivers:
What are the reasons for this optimistic view? Here are just six reasons listed by Global Smartphone Application Market Report 2010” on why apps will become as important as Websites to companies in the next years.
1. Ubiquity of smart phones: Smartphone’s will increasingly replace feature phones in stores. Nearly everyone will be able to use Smartphone apps, not just – as of now – business people, social networkers and gamers. The main driver will be a reduction in handset prices, which will decrease to 100 Euro for most starter devices.
2. Manifoldness of possibilities: Smartphone’s are small computers which are becoming more and more powerful. They will be suitable for an increasing number of tasks which have previously been restricted to laptops or desktops. Today Smartphone apps are used by companies to promote their brand or product, or to provide access to their existing products. In the future we will see a lot more use-cases, e.g. new products enabled by apps, mobile health, mobile selling, or apps which help to improve working efficiency within a company.
3. Ubiquity of app stores: For the foreseeable future, Smartphone’s will always depend on the app stores. If you have a Smartphone or advanced feature phone you will have easy and convenient access to the world of apps.
4. Unmatched user-experience: Apps offer a user-experience which mobile Websites or widgets are unable to provide.
5. Proximity to customers: Mobile devices, especially Smartphone’s, are much more personal and intimate devices than a laptop or desktop device. For most users their phones are never further than 1 meter away 24/7. Imagine how attractive it is for consumer goods, food, and myriad other companies across the economy to be able to place their products and services so close to consumers.
6. Better visibility: Although there is a lot of clamor about the discoverability of apps, especially in the Apple App Store, standing out among 140,000 apps is much easier than being found amongst millions of websites. In addition, these distribution platforms are stores, and unlike the web or its search engines, they are designed to sell and present products. Cross-selling and promotions are components of their core features. The new generation of app stores makes it easier than ever before to be in the forefront of millions of potential customers’ minds.
Although there is still a long way to go before many companies learn how to benefit from and how to engage in this exciting new market, but it won’t take long before it becomes standard business practice, especially for media, consumer goods, automotive, and food companies to communicate with their customers via an app. This applies especially to the Western and Asian countries with high Smartphone shipment rates but will also impact emerging markets with a short time-delay.
About Mingle Media:
Mingle Media is a Toronto based firm offering one stop solution to all of your marketing needs.
Google chief executive Eric Schmidt touted the idea of “mobile first,” or the notion that most things are now being created with mobile in mind. “We understand that the new rule is mobile first,” Schmidt said. “Mobile first in everything. Mobile first in terms of applications. Most first in terms of the way people use things.
Business applications are the key to staying ahead of competition. Taking full advantage of the possibilities on the Internet, we combine our business experience with technical expertise and knowledge to develop web applications tailored to each client’s specific business needs.
We work on a simple principle which is to deliver unparalleled value to your business. Therefore, while designing the apps we ensure the technology is latest to incorporate all the amazing features, yet easy enough to be understood and used.
Before delivering the application to you, we conduct in-house testing based on standard compliance procedures to make sure you enjoy stable and uninterrupted operation and superior performance.
This also eliminates any problem that our clients may have to face later.
Talk to us today!